Basilica of St. Louis (Old Cathedral), St. Louis, Missouri

209 Walnut Street

Calvary Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri

Calvary Cemetery
5239 W. Florissant Road
St. Louis, MO 63115
(314) 381-1313

Catholic Archdiocesan Cemetery
Established: 1864
Size: 477 acres
Burials indexed: 314,698
(1853-2001)

GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 38.694788, Longitude: -90.232344; Calvary, the largest cemetery in St. Louis, had its first burial in 1854. Many bodies were moved to Calvary as Catholic cemeteries within the expanding city limits of St. Louis were closed and/or filled. The records of the reburials are not complete, however. Some names may be found in both Calvary and the original cemetery. The St. Louis Archdiocese owns this cemetery and their burial records may be searched at the cemetery office. This index includes records up to June 2001. One of two Archdiocese cemetery offices is located at this site.