St. Michael and All Angels Churchyard, Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire, England

For eight hundred years and more a Church has stood on the present site at Aston Clinton. The list of Rectors of the Parish, which can be seen on the wall in the Church beside the South door, goes back to 1232. Although no one is really certain, it is thought that Bishop Grosseteste (pronounced Growtett Norman French meaning Big Head), Bishop of Lincoln dedicated the original church in about 1250.
Source: http://www.s-michaels.org.uk/history/