Joanna "Annie" Donovan1
#846, (31 January 1886 - 13 June 1968)
|Relationship||1st cousin of Anna Margaret Donovan|
|Father*||Lawrence Donovan1 (1861 - 1924)|
|Mother*||Mary O'Neill1 (1864 - 1944)|
|George Collins Montgomery b. bt 1883 - 1884, d. 1943|
|Children||1.||Mary Hazel Montgomery17 (1909 - 1912)|
|2.||Laurence Quinton Montgomery18 (1913 - 1976)|
|3.||Emma Agnes Montgomery19 (1915 - 1979)|
|Birth*||31 January 1886||She was born on 31 January 1886 at Irishtown, Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG.2,3|
|15 May 1891||She appeared on the census of 15 May 1891 in the household of Florence Thomas (Fleury) Donovan at Moncton, Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG, as Annie, age 5; (also David or Daniel O'Neil (18), boarder.)4|
|20 April 1901||She appeared on the census of 20 April 1901 in the household of Lawrence Donovan and Mary O'Neill at Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG; (their father, written as Florence, overwritten as "Lawrence", age 83, b. August 10, 1817; son of Lawrence; 187 acres owned, one house, 9 rooms, 4 other buildings.)5|
|18 October 1908||As of 18 October 1908,her married name was Montgomery.6|
|Marriage*||18 October 1908||She married George Collins Montgomery on 18 October 1908 at St-Anselme Church, Fox-Creek, Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG.7,8|
|1911||She and George Collins Montgomery appeared on the census of 1911 at 308 St. George, Moncton City, Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG.9|
|8 August 1927||She migrated to MassachusettsG from Canada on 8 August 1927.10|
|10 April 1930||She and George Collins Montgomery appeared on the census of 10 April 1930 at 67 Lonsdale Street, Boston, Suffolk Co., MassachusettsG; EnD 13-443, SD 13, Sh 11B; ward 16, block 15; neighbors Mary O'Neill Donovan, Tremple Donovan.11|
|1936||She and George Collins Montgomery lived in 1936 at 67 Lonsdale Street, Dorchester, Boston, Suffolk Co., MassachusettsG.12|
|1940||She and George Collins Montgomery appeared on the census of 1940 at 67 Lonsdale Street, Boston, Suffolk Co., MassachusettsG; no date on sheet, prob. April; see Mary O'Neill; nei also Peter and Alice (Donovan) Monahan.13|
|20 March 1944||She was naturalized on 20 March 1944 at 67 Lonsdale Street, Dorchester, Suffolk Co., MassachusettsG.14|
|Death*||13 June 1968||She died on 13 June 1968 at Framingham, Middlesex Co., MassachusettsG, at age 82.15|
|Burial*||circa 15 June 1968||She was buried circa 15 June 1968 at New Calvary Cemetery, West Roxbury, Massachusetts.16|
- [S24] Donovan Family Irishtown NB Canada [Family Tree], irishroom1, owner, online Ancestry.com.
- [S607] New Brunswick Department of Health Official Notice of Marriage (Form C.-2), Provincial form (image), online.
- [S68] 1901 Canada Census. gives birth date.
- [S69] 1891 Canada Census. Larrance (72), wid., b. Ireland and parents b. Ireland, farmer.
- [S68] 1901 Canada Census. Lawrence (39), b. NB Dec 25, 1861, farmer; Mary (36), b. NB April 27, 1864.
- [S133] Westmorland County, New Brunswick, Registration Division, Marriages (Sch. B.), Return of Clergyman: 002583; George res Moncton, b. St. John, laborer, father John Montgomery, mother "Emma" Kluskey; "Annie", re. and b. Irishtown, father Lawrence, mother Mary O'Neal; witnesses William Donovan and Lizzie O'Neal; solemnized by A. Robichaud, St. Anselme.
- [S133] Westmorland County, Marriages (Sch. B.): 002583; George res Moncton, b. St. John, laborer, father John Montgomery, mother "Emma" Kluskey; "Annie", res. and b. Irishtown, father Lawrence, mother Mary O'Neal; witnesses William Donovan and Lizzie O'Neal; solemnized by A. Robichaud, St. Anselme.
- [S104] Gabriel Drouin, compiler, Drouin Collection: St-Anselme de Fox-Creeks, Cte Westmorland, 1899-1943 (Montreal, Quebec: Institut Généalogique Drouin), p 95, same info as Westmorland Returns.
- [S85] 1911 Canada Census. Geo. C. (27), b. Feb 1884, machinist ICR [Intercolonial Railway of Canada]; Annie J. (25), b. Jan 1886.
- [S134] U.S. Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956, online Ancestry.com, Annie (41) with 3 children; b. Irishtown; going to join husb George, reside perm; ref sister Mrs Della Hunt in Moncton.
- [S7] 1930 U.S. Federal Census. George C (46), renter, m. at 34, b. and parents b. Canada, imm. 1924, alien, mechanic; Annie (44), b. and parents b. Canada, imm. 1924, alien.
- [S775] The Boston Directory (Boston: Sampson & Murdock Co., published annually), 1936, p. 1691; Montgomery, Geo C (Annie), watchman, h 67 Lonsdale Dor.
- [S346] 1940 U.S. Federal Census. George C (56), fireman in machine shop; "Ann" (54); both b. NB.
- [S6] U.S. Certificate of Naturalization.
- [S428] Massachusetts Certificate of Death, Town of Framingham; June 13, 1968; Ann (Donovan) Montgomery, widowed, age 82 yrs 5 mos 13 dys; housewife, b. Canada, parents Laurence Donovan and Mary O'Neill, husband George C. Montgomery; of Parkinson's Disease; interred Boston MA.
- [S26] Ancestry.com Great Grandfather Gobron, joanperson, owner, online Ancestry.com, from obituary on memorial card from GGG; Mrs. Anne (Donovan) Montgomery, age 82, b. Moncton, widow of George; 2 daughters: Mrs. Walter C Gobron of Framingham and Mrs. Harold J Monahan of Scituate; 1 son, Laurence of St. John's NF.
- [S107] Westmorland County, New Brunswick, Registration Division, Births (Sch. A.), Return of Physician, Parent, or Other Person, 004559; father George C., pipe fitter; mother Johanna Donovan; Dr. Myers, Moncton, online http://archives.gnb.ca
- [S7] 1930 U.S. Federal Census. age 16.
- [S7] 1930 U.S. Federal Census. age 15.