Mary Alice "Sally" Donovan1
#850, (13 February 1894 - 3 November 1964)
Drouin Collection. Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Institut Généalogique Drouin.
|Her married name was Monahan.2 |
|Birth*||13 February 1894||She was born on 13 February 1894 at New BrunswickG.1,3 |
|Baptism||18 March 1894||She was baptized on 18 March 1894 at St-Anselme Church, Fox-Creek, Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG.4 |
|20 April 1901||She appeared on the census of 20 April 1901 in the household of Lawrence Donovan and Mary O'Neill at Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG; (their father, written as Florence, overwritten as "Lawrence", age 83, b. August 10, 1817; son of Lawrence; 187 acres owned, one house, 9 rooms, 4 other buildings.)5 |
|1911||She appeared on the census of 1911 in the household of Lawrence Donovan and Mary O'Neill at Irishtown, Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG; nei. Thomas and Margaret Laracey.6 |
|12 January 1920||She appeared on the census of 12 January 1920 in the household of Tremple John Donovan and Matilda "Mattie" E. Duggan at 31 Walden Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts, sister, age 24, imm. 1911; EnD 549, SD 4, Sh 2B.7 |
|Marriage*||between 1925 and 1929||She married Peter Joseph Monahan, son of Patrick J. Monahan and Ellen Mullaley, between 1925 and 1929.2 |
|2 April 1930||She and Peter Joseph Monahan appeared on the census of 2 April 1930 at 358 Charles River Road, Watertown, Middlesex Co., MassachusettsG.8 |
|1940||She and Peter Joseph Monahan appeared on the census of 1940 at 67 Lonsdale Street, Boston, Suffolk Co., MassachusettsG; no date on sheet, prob. April, see Mary O'Neill; nei George and Ann Montgomery.9 |
|Death*||3 November 1964||She died on 3 November 1964 at Dorchester, Massachusetts, at age 70.10,11 |
- [S24] Donovan Family Irishtown NB Canada [Family Tree], irishroom1, owner, online Ancestry.com.
- [S1277] World War II Draft Registration Cards, image viewed online FamilySearch.org or Ancestry.com, U1658 on April 27, 1942; wife Alice M.; employer Goodrich Co.; b. Jan 1891 in Watertown MA.
- [S68] 1901 Canada Census. gives birth date.
- [S102] Gabriel Drouin, compiler, Drouin Collection: St-Anselme de Fox-Creeks, Cte Westmorland, 1845-1898 (Montreal, Quebec: Institut Généalogique Drouin), p. 291; dau of Lawrence Donovan and Mary O'Neil; b. Feb 13; sponsors Daniel O'Neil and Kate Donovan .
- [S68] 1901 Canada Census. Lawrence (39), b. NB Dec 25, 1861, farmer; Mary (36), b. NB April 27, 1864.
- [S85] 1911 Canada Census. Lawrence (49), b. NB Dec 1861, farmer; Mary (47), b. NB Apr 1864.
- [S11] 1920 U.S. Federal Census. Tremple J (30), b. New Brunswick, imm. 1910, machinist; Matilda (26), b. New Brunswick, imm. 1919, alien.
- [S7] 1930 U.S. Federal Census. PeterJ (38), own home, 1st marr at 21, parents b. Ireland, salesman rubber co.; Alice M (34), b. and parents b. New Brunswick, 1st marr at 33.
- [S346] 1940 U.S. Federal Census. Peter J (49), b. MA, salesman (wholesale rubber); Alice (46), b. NB.
- [S1411] Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, (Washington, D.C.: Social Security Administration), index online Ancestry.com, Alice M Monahan, b. 13 Feb 1894, d. 3 Nov 1964.
- [S2434] The Boston Globe, Boston, Massachusetts, Wed., 4 Nov 1964, p. 36. Alice M Monahan, née Donovan, wife of Peter R [sic], mother of Daniel P Monahan, Harold V Monahan and Mrs. Mary Iazetti [sic], d. Dorchester 3 Nov 1964.
- [S7] 1930 U.S. Federal Census. age 0.