Priscilla "Cela" Kimmel1
#1019, (1823 - 7 December 1886)
|Relationship||Great-grandmother of Nelle Belle Bridges|
|Henry M Williams b. 1821, d. 1894|
|Children||1.||Irene Jane Williams+ (1844 - 1928)|
|2.||Susannah Williams13 (1847 - 1899)|
|3.||William D. Williams+ (1849 - 1882)|
|4.||Rachel E. Williams+14 (1852 - 1885)|
|5.||James C. Williams+ (1856 - b 1894)|
|6.||George Williams (1859 - )|
|7.||Isabella Williams+ (1862 - )|
|8.||Priscilla Williams15 (1863 - 1871)|
|Priscilla's parents were born in Virginia (1880 census.)2|
|In looking for the parents of Priscilla, there are few clues. The most intriguing (but still unlikely) is the census report for Lewisburg in Muhlenberg Co. KY, numbered page 6 and 137 and 637, img. 5/16 on Ancestry.com. This page has familiar Indiana names such as Shelton, Rhoads and Lynn. There are also, in consecutive order, John Tooley (16-25, with wife, no children); David Kimmel (26-44), with 3 sons and 2 daughters under the age of 10; Susanna Woods; Jacob Landers; and William Williams (16-25) and wife (16-25). Could David Kimmel be the father of Priscilla, who would have been three years old? And could William Williams (who marr. Lydia Baker in Muhlenberg Co., 9 Dec 1819) be the son of William from his first marriage?3|
|Her married name was Williams.1|
|Birth*||1823||She was born in 1823 at KentuckyG.4|
|Marriage*||circa 1843||She married Henry M Williams, son of William D Williams and Susannah McDonald, circa 1843 at KentuckyG.5,6|
|between 1843 and 1847||She and Henry M Williams lived between 1843 and 1847 at KentuckyG; (marr. and first two children b. KY.)7|
|circa 1848||She and Henry M Williams removed from Kentucky to IndianaG circa 1848.8|
|1850||She and Henry M Williams appeared on the census of 1850 at Hart Twp., Warrick Co., IndianaG; (neis. James and Eliza. Phillips (b. KY), Daniel (b. KY) and Mahala Thompson.)4|
|1 September 1860||She and Henry M Williams appeared on the census of 1 September 1860 at Boonville P.O., Boon Twp., Warrick Co., IndianaG; (neis. sister Isabel (Stevens), fam. 731; sister Rachel (Roberts), fam. 735.)9|
|8 June 1880||She and Henry M Williams appeared on the census of 8 June 1880 at Skelton Twp., Warrick Co., IndianaG.10|
|Death*||7 December 1886||She died on 7 December 1886 at Warrick Co., IndianaG.|
|Burial*||circa 10 December 1886||She was buried circa 10 December 1886 at Bethabara Cemetery, Lincoln Trail Road, Folsomville, Warrick Co., IndianaG.11,12|
|Charts||Ancestors of Nelle Belle Bridges|
- [S235] Opal B. Phillips and Carrie S. Hart, They Came to Warrick Co., In.: the Revolutionary War soldiers and patriots buried in Warrick County, Indiana and some of their descendents (Warrick Co., Indiana: Captain Joseph Warrick Chapter, D.A.R., 1976), p. 694, citing death record of first child Irena J.
- [S17] 1880 U.S. Federal Census.
- [S115] 1820 U.S. Federal Census. [p 6 (by hand), 137 and 637 (both by stamp), img 5/16]
- [S20] 1850 U.S. Federal Census. Henry M (38); "Percilla" (25); both b. KY.
- [S235] Opal B. Phillips and Carrie S. Hart, They Came to Warrick Co., p. 694, citing as proof the death record of first child Irena J.
- [S20] 1850 U.S. Federal Census. Daus. Irene and Susannah b. KY, son William D b. IN.
- [S520] VWH.
- [S20] 1850 U.S. Federal Census.
- [S19] 1860 U.S. Federal Census. Henry William (37), farmer; Priscilla (36); both b. KY.
- [S17] 1880 U.S. Federal Census. Henry (59), constable, b. KY, father b. KY, mother b. NC; Priscilla (57), b. KY, parents b. VA.
- [S523] Marsha Bryant, compiler, "Marsha's Warrick Web", online marshaswarrickweb.com; Williams, Priscella; b. 1823; Daughter of --- Kimmel, married in KY, wife of Henry Williams,.
- [S1628] FindAGrave.com, online findagrave.com, old ground marker with new identification plate. Priscilla Williams 1823-0000. Narrative: Prescella Williams, bur. Bethabara Cemetery, Folsomville, Warrick Co., IN. Memorial 52681942, created by and photo added by ladyN70.
- [S1672] Indiana Death Certificates 1899-2011, Indiana State Board of Health, Death Certificates, 1900–2011, 1899-1900, Roll 18, img. 1990/3025. No. 209, Rec. No. 3. Susanna H Hudson, b. IN, dau. of Henry Williams and Persilla Kimble, both b. KY; not single, res. Folsomville, housewife; d. 31 Oct 1899, Folsomville, Owen Twp., Warrrick Co., aortic regurgitation; inf. Q L Williams, Folsomville; bur. 31 Oct 1899, online Ancestry.com.
- [S19] 1860 U.S. Federal Census.
- [S235] Opal B. Phillips and Carrie S. Hart, They Came to Warrick Co., p 694.