Eliza "Celia" Downen1,2
#4168, (7 November 1808 - )
|Her married name was Ridenour.3 |
|Birth*||7 November 1808||She was born on 7 November 1808 at Muhlenberg Co., KentuckyG.4 |
|1811||She removed with Timothy Downen and Jane Brice in 1811 Knox (now Posey) Co. Indiana, with 5 brothers and their families.5 |
|Marriage*||15 August 1829||She married David Ridenour on 15 August 1829 at Posey Co., IndianaG; (one source has 9 Aug 1829.)3,6 |
|22 September 1850||She and David Ridenour appeared on the census of 22 September 1850 at Robinson Twp., Posey Co., IndianaG.7 |
|3 September 1853||She and David Ridenour removed to Douglas Co., OregonG, arriving on 3 September 1853.8 |
|12 July 1860||She and David Ridenour appeared on the census of 12 July 1860 at Cawley Valley Prec., Douglas Co., OregonG.9 |
|20 July 1870||She and David Ridenour appeared on the census of 20 July 1870 at Coles Valley Prec., Douglas Co., OregonG.10 |
|11 June 1880||She appeared on the census of 11 June 1880 in the household of Timothy Downen Ridenour at Susanville Twp., Lassen Co., CaliforniaG, mother, age 68, b. US, housekeeper; (wid. with three children.)11 |
|11 June 1900||She appeared on the census of 11 June 1900 in the household of Daniel C Wheeler and Sarah Ellen Ridenour at Reno, Washoe Co., NevadaG, mother-in-law, age 91, b. TN Nov 1808, parents b. TN, 2 children, both living.12 |
- [S2089] "Early Downen History, 2nd Edition", 1972, Elizabeth Myers (Carmi, Illinois), to Mrs. Eben F Pinkham (Exater, California), p. 3; Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S627] Blanche Moye Cook, History of the Downen Family, 1777-1970 (Illinois: Alice Roberta Bradley, typist, 1974), p. 20.
- [S627] Blanche Moye Cook, History of the Downen Family, pp. 22-22a.
- [S478] Ancestors and Relatives of Harmon Victor Mills and Carol Joyce Miller Mills James, hereinafter cited as Mills-Miller FT, online http://mills-sfv.com/Genealogy/Families/Mills-Miller.html. http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
- [S565] Josiah Downen Family, online Ancestry.com, "In 1811, Timothy accompanied his brothers David, William, Job, and Josiah Jr. to the southwest corner of the Indiana Territory, which was soon to become Posey County. In September, he marched with others to Vincennes, where he served under General William Henry Harrison in the November 1811 Battle of Tippecanoe against Tecumseh's Indians. Timothy was severely wounded. The following year, Timothy's fifth child, James (our ancestor), was born. Over the next eleven years, five remaining children were born here: John, Thomas, William, Jane, and Mary."
- [S30] Indiana Marriages 1780-1992 [index], online FamilySearch.org, David Ridenour and Eliza Downen, marr. Posey Co. 15 Aug 1829; citing Book 1, no. 728, FHL Film 549430, img. 167.
- [S20] 1850 U.S. Federal Census. David (49), b. VA, farmer; Eliza (42), b. KY.
- [S627] Blanche Moye Cook, History of the Downen Family, pp. 22-22a, with acknowledgement to Mrs. Doris L Bacon of Roseburg OR, a direct descendant.
- [S19] 1860 U.S. Federal Census. David (60), b. VA, farmer; Eliza (58), b. KY.
- [S18] 1870 U.S. Federal Census. David (62), b. VA, farmer; Eliza (52), b. TN [sic], keeping house.
- [S17] 1880 U.S. Federal Census. T D (36), wid., b. IN, parents b. US, farmer; children named: Eldin (son, age 10, poss. dau. Isabel?), Kittie B (dau., age 8, Orcas (son, age 7, poss. Oscar?).
- [S5] 1900 U.S. Federal Census. Dan C (59), b. OH Jan 1841, parents b. OH, stockraising; Sarah (50), b. IN May 1850, parents b. PA, 6 children, all living; marr. 29 yrs.