Elizabeth "Betsey" Tremper1
#4390, (circa 1816 - 17 August 1877)
|Her married name was Fisher.1 |
|Birth*||circa 1816||She was born circa 1816 at Upper CanadaG.2 |
|Marriage*||circa 1834||She married Samuel Thomas Fisher, son of Stephen Fisher and Sarah Cook, circa 1834.1 |
|1840||She and Samuel Thomas Fisher appeared on the census of 1840 at Lyme, Jefferson Co., New YorkG; (nei. Freeman Fisher, age 20-29.)3 |
|circa 1848||She and Samuel Thomas Fisher removed to WisconsinG circa 1848.4 |
|28 August 1850||She and Samuel Thomas Fisher appeared on the census of 28 August 1850 at Portland, Dodge Co., WisconsinG; (neis. Stephen C (22) and Maria (17) Tremper, both b. NY; Milton (50, b. NY) and Sally (43, b. Upper Canada) Fisher; Aaron and Louisa Fisher.)2 |
|12 July 1860||She appeared on the census of 12 July 1860 at Portland, Dodge Co., WisconsinG; (neis. Sarah Fisher, age 55, b. Canada; Stephen and Maria Tremper.)5 |
|12 July 1870||She appeared on the census of 12 July 1870 in the household of Wesley L Fisher and Rose Millick, age 54, b. NY.6 |
|Death*||17 August 1877||She died on 17 August 1877.7 |
|Burial*||August 1877||She was buried in August 1877 at Sabetha Cemetery, Sabetha, Nemaha Co., KansasG.7 |
- [S212] Priscilla Tremper Leith on Ancestry.com, internet post.
- [S20] 1850 U.S. Federal Census. Samuel T (38), b. NY, farmer, real estate value $150; Betsy (34), b. Upper Canada.
- [S54] 1840 U.S. Federal Census. Samuel (20-29); F (20-29) [Betsy]; 2 m (<5) [Wesley, Harman]; f (<5) [Melissa]; F (60-69) [prob. mother of either Samuel or Betsy].
- [S520] VWH, Dau. Ellen b. NY, in WI in 1850 census.
- [S19] 1860 U.S. Federal Census. Betsy (43), b. Canada, farmer, real estate value $2000, personal estate $592.
- [S18] 1870 U.S. Federal Census. Wesley (33), b. NY, farmer, real estate value $2500, personal estate $1000; Rose (24), b. Prussia, keeping house.
- [S1628] FindAGrave.com, online findagrave.com, Standing grave marker. Betsey Fisher, died [illegible in image]. Narrative: Betsy Fisher, d. 17 Aug 1877. Sabetha Cemetery, Sabetha, Nemaha Co. KS. Memorial 131348433, created by Larry Gilbert, photo added by TeamBDL.
- [S20] 1850 U.S. Federal Census.
- [S19] 1860 U.S. Federal Census.