Alicia "Alley" McQuade1
#4765, (November 1834 - 18 May 1926)
|Father*||John McQuade2 (c 1808 - 1893)|
|Mother*||Mary Donahoe2 (c 1807 - 1872)|
|John Delahunt b. c 1831, d. 1905|
|Children||1.||Margaret Jane Delahunt+15 (1857 - 1933)|
|2.||Mary Elizabeth Delahunt15 (c 1859 - )|
|3.||Catherine Delahunt8 (1861 - )|
|4.||Susana Delahunt8 (c 1864 - )|
|5.||Ann Delahunt8 (1866 - )|
|6.||Thomas Delahunt8 (c 1869 - )|
|7.||James Delahunt8 (c 1874 - 1903)|
|8.||John Delahunt Jr+8 (c 1877 - )|
|9.||William Patrick Delahunt+16 (1879 - 1958)|
|10.||George Delahunt+9 (1882 - 1963)|
|Alicia "Alley" McQuade was also known as Abigail.3|
|Her married name was Delahunt.4|
|Birth*||November 1834||She was born in November 1834 at New BrunswickG; (dau. Margaret Jane's death cert. has Co. Armagh, Ireland.)5,6|
|1851||She appeared on the census of 1851 in the household of John McQuade and Mary Donahoe at Moncton, Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG, as Alley, age 15, b. NB; (neis. Nancy Foley; Jeremiah and Margaret Croneen; Francis and Mary Gallagher; Patrick Kelly; Ellen Eddington.)7|
|Marriage*||26 January 1857||She married John Delahunt on 26 January 1857 at St-Thomas Church, Memramcook, Dorchester, Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG.4|
|1871||She and John Delahunt appeared on the census of 1871 at Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG.3|
|1881||She and John Delahunt appeared on the census of 1881 at Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG; (neis. Gevang; Thos. and Sarah McQuaid; Bridget O'Neill.8|
|9 April 1891||She and John Delahunt appeared on the census of 9 April 1891 at Moncton, Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG.9|
|8 April 1901||She and John Delahunt appeared on the census of 8 April 1901 at Moncton, Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG; (neis. Maurice and Ellen O'Neill, Thos. and Sarah McQuade.)10|
|1911||She appeared on the census of 1911 in the household of George Delahunt and Sarah Jane Kelly at O'Neill's Settlement, Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG, mother, age 76, b. NB Nov 1834, wid; (neis. Ellen Delahunt O'Neill, James and Sarah McQuade.)11|
|1921||She appeared on the census of 1921 in the household of George Delahunt and Sarah Jane Kelly at Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG, mother, age 88, b. NB, parents b. Ireland.12|
|Death*||18 May 1926||She died on 18 May 1926 at 38 Steadman Street, Moncton, Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG, at age 91.13|
|Burial*||20 May 1926||She was buried on 20 May 1926 at St. Lawrence O'Toole Church Cemetery, Irishtown, Moncton Par., Westmorland Co., New BrunswickG.13,14|
- [S83] 1851 Canada Census (Canada East, Canada West, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia).
- [S556] Ancestry.com Richard Delahunt Family Irishtown NB, irishroom1, owner, online Ancestry.com, Ellen "Hannigan" Delahunt profile.
- [S84] 1871 Canada Census. John Dilihunt (40), b. NB, RC, farmer; Abigail (35), b. NB, Catholic.
- [S101] Gabriel Drouin, compiler, Drouin Collection: St-Thomas, Memramcook, Cte Westmorland, 1845-1899 (Montreal, Quebec: Institut Généalogique Drouin), p. 125, M-7, img 115/1466. John Delahunt and Allicia McWade [sic], marr. 26 Jan 1857 by F X Lafrance; witnesses David O'Neil and Catherine McWade.
- [S85] 1911 Canada Census. b. NB Nov 1834.
- [S560] New Brunswick Department of Health Certificate of Registration of Death (Form C.-3), 087280, Reg. No. 2733, rec. 3 May 1933; Margaret Jane McDonald, died of cancer of stomach 17 Apr 1933 at res. 38 Steadman St., Moncton, Westmorland; age 75 yr 3 mo 22 da, b. Moncton 26 Dec 1857, widow of late Andrew McDonald; at res. 52 yrs.; father John Delahunt, b. Irishtown, NB; mother Alice McQuade, b. Co. Armagh, Ireland; informant Charlie A. McDonald, son; bur. 19 April 1933 R.C. Shediac Road, Provincial Archives of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, online http://archives.gnb.ca
- [S83] 1851 Canada Census (Canada East, Canada West, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia). John (34), farmer, Irish, entered colony May 1832; Mary (34), entered colony May 1832.
- [S42] 1881 Canada Census. John (50), Catholic, Irish, farmer; Alice (45), Catholic, Irish.
- [S69] 1891 Canada Census. John "Dellehunt" (60), b. NB, parents b. Ireland, RC, farmer; Alice (53), b. NB, parents b. Ireland.
- [S68] 1901 Canada Census. John (70), b. NB 1830, farmer; Alice (65), b. NB 1835.
- [S85] 1911 Canada Census. George Dellahunt [sic] (28), b. NB Mar 1883, farmer; Sarah (26), b. NB Nov 1884.
- [S857] 1921 Canada Census. George (38), b. and parents b. NB; Sarah (35), b. and parents b. NB.
- [S560] New Brunswick Registration of Death (C.-3), Reg. No. 1022; Alice Delahunt, age 91y 7m 27d, b. Irishtown NB 21 Sep 1834, widow; res. y yrs at 38 Steadman St., d. at home; father John McQuade, b. Ireland; mother Mary Donahue, b. Ireland; inf. William P. Delahunt, son; bur. R.C. Cemetery, Irishtown, 20 May 1926.
- [S1746] Southeastern Branch of the New Brunswick Genealogical Society, compiler, Cemeteries of Westmorland County (Moncton, New Brunswick, 2007-2009), Botsford, p. 248. Front: George Delahunt, 1880-1963 / Wife Sarah Jane Delahunt, 1883-1976 / son Patrick 1913-1825. Back: John Delahunt 1830-1905 / wife Alice McQuade, 1835-1926 / son James, 1874-1903.
- [S80] 1861 New Brunswick Province Census. John "Dellahunt" (28), b. NB, farmer (prop.); Alice (25), b. NB.
- [S133] Westmorland County, New Brunswick, Registration Division, Marriages (Sch. B.), Return of Clergyman: 001494; solemnized by A. Robichaud; Delahunt age 37, Donovan age 20.