Arilla "Polly" Price1
#3944, (10 August 1809 - 17 December 1877)
|Her married name was Oliver.2 |
|Birth*||10 August 1809||She was born on 10 August 1809 at KentuckyG; (also gives KY in 1860 and 1870 census.)3 |
|Marriage*||20 October 1824||She married William Oliver, son of John Oliver and Nancy Jane Reese, on 20 October 1824 at Posey Co., IndianaG.2 |
|1830||She and William Oliver appeared on the census of 1830 at Black Twp., Posey Co., IndianaG; 1 son, 2 dau; neis. John Crunk, Bryant Birds, Solomon Duty, James Davis, Andrew McFadden.4 |
|1840||She and William Oliver appeared on the census of 1840 at Robb Twp., Posey Co., IndianaG; missing James who appears in 1850 census; unidentified M (60-69) in hh poss. John Oliver; neis. Benner, Barton, Brown, Timothy Crunk, Barteson, Casselbery; same page as Robert A and Marthey Lewis.5 |
|23 September 1850||She and William Oliver appeared on the census of 23 September 1850 at Marrs Twp., Posey Co., IndianaG; (neis. Martha Lewis, David and Amanda Crunk, John and Elizabeth Lewis, Abner and Ann Crunk.)3 |
|6 July 1860||She and William Oliver appeared on the census of 6 July 1860 at Marrs Twp., Posey Co., IndianaG; also female age 30, "Jane ____", poss. Micala.6 |
|22 July 1870||She appeared on the census of 22 July 1870 at Black Twp., Posey Co., IndianaG.7 |
|Death*||17 December 1877||She died on 17 December 1877 at Posey Co., IndianaG, at age 68.1 |
- [S48] Gerald Ray Lewis Family Tree, Gerald Ray Lewis, owner, online Ancestry.com, http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/1282739/person/-1514027567
- [S463] [Unknown author], Posey County Indiana Marriage Records I, 1815 1831, handwritten pages (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date)., William Oliver & Polley Price; October 25 1824; Rev. Benoni Stinson; Oct. 20th 1824.
p. 63, no.401; img 258.
- [S20] 1850 U.S. Federal Census. William (50), farmer, b. NC; Rilla (49), b. KY.
- [S116] 1830 U.S. Federal Census. M (20-29) [William]; F (20-29); m (10-14); 2 f (<5).
- [S54] 1840 U.S. Federal Census. Wm Oliver; M (30-39) [William]; M (60-69); F (30-39) [Arilla "Polly"]; f (10-14) [?], 2 f (5-9) [Celia, Micala], 2 f (<5) [Susan, Rachel].
- [S19] 1860 U.S. Federal Census. William (60), farmer, b. SC; Orilla (53), b. KY.
- [S18] 1870 U.S. Federal Census. Orilla (62), b. KY, $3,000 real estate value.
- [S520] VWH, 1850 census: fam. 1083 is William Oliver (50); other Oliver children were derived from this census, the oldest b. ca. 1831. Wm. and Rilla m. 1824. Fam 1087 is Lewis Martin and Martha Oliver (from IN marr. rec.). it is prob. that Martha is the dau. of Wm. and Rilla.